Tuesday, July 27, 2010

10 on Tuesday

Ten Things To Do Rather Than Watch TV

  1. Knit -- no brainer, this is in theory a knitting blog
  2. Read -- I am just about done with book 4 on my summer reading list. I don't know if I will get them all read by September 21, but that is ok too. How are you doing on your summer reading list?
  3. Go for a Walk -- that always feels good.
  4. Spend time with my kids -- Oldest just graduated from High School. This is, in some ways, my last summer with her as a kid.
  5. Watch my kids play sports -- I do a lot of this, during Volleyball, Football, Basketball and Track.
  6. Spend time with Friends -- Face time with friends.
  7. Meditate -- spending time for yourself
  8. Sleep -- most of my TV watching is in the evening/night hours, if I spend too much time in front of the TV I miss out on my required sleep.
  9. Sit by the fire -- we have a portable firepit, and it is a wonderful evening activity, sit by the fire and talk.
  10. Computer time.

I am sure I have missed many things that can be done instead of watching TV, but these are things I prefer to do instead of watching TV.

No comments: