Sunday, August 15, 2010

What I am doing for Tuesday


So without a new 10 on Tuesday topic this week, I am going to go back and do a topic I have not yet done.


Finished Object is the Knotty But Nice hat from Knitty. The young man I knit this for has a rather large head, so what I ended up doing was knitting the ribbing on size 7 (4.5 mm) needles, and the first two rows of the cable chart. Then, I could not find my size 8 (5 mm) 16 inch needle, so I switched to a size 9 for the rest of the cable chart, up until I had to switch to dpn's. Actually I switched a couple of rows before I really had to switch. I switched to size 8 dpns, because I thought the ribbing was a bit looser than I liked for the fabric. Wonderful thing is, it fits him great. It is one of the few beanie type hats that actually covers the bottoms of his ears.
I used 50 grams of a 100 gram skein of Cascade 220 superwash. I actually had the called for yarn in stash. Both the hat and the remaining ball of yarn weigh 50 grams.

No comments: